Hydrate and Energize with DHBO's proprietary electrolyte formula. Essential Vitamins and Minerals will increase performance and endurance.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has officially approved these health claims related to DHBO's Electro Fuel:
1. Calcium contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism and to normal muscle function
2. Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal energy-yielding metabolism and electrolyte balance
3. Vitamin B1 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
4. Vitamin C, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B12 contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
DHBO’s Electro Fuel has been specially formulated to take advantage of all the science behind the relevant EFSA endorsed health claims that are linked to Calcium, Magnesium, Niacin and Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and C. There is considerable science behind rehydration formulas. Hydration strategies should involve consumption of electrolyte beverages before, during and after exercise (Sawka et al., 2007). Pre-hydration should be initiated several hours before starting exercise to enable fluid absorption and allow urine output to return to normal levels. Drinking during exercise is to prevent excessive (>2% body weight loss from water deficit) dehydration and excessive changes in electrolyte balance to avert compromised performance. After exercise, the goal is to replace the fluid and electrolyte deficit. Ingestion of large volumes of fluid is not effective in maintaining positive fluid balance without electrolyte replacement (Maughan and Sherriffs, 2004) as urine output is inversely proportional to the sodium content of the ingested fluid. Inclusion of sodium (0.5-0.7g/l) is recommended for exercise lasting more than one hour as it promotes fluid retention and could prevent hypernatremia in individuals who drink excessive quantities of fluids (Convertino et al., 1996). Rehydration was studied in cyclists who consumed drinks containing glucose alone, sodium chloride, potassium chloride of a combination of glucose, sodium and potassium chloride (Maughan et al., 1994). The results showed improved whole body water and electrolyte balance from ingestion of electrolyte-containing drinks. Rehydration will only be achieved if a volume of fluid in excess of the sweat loss is ingested together with sufficient electrolytes.
- Sawka et al., 2007. Med. Sci. Sports Exer., 39, 377-390. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Exercise and Fluid Replacement.
- Convertino et al., 1996. Med. Sci. Sports Exer., 28, i-vii. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Exercise and Fluid Replacement.
- Maughan et al., 1994. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol., 69, 209-215. Post-exercise rehydration in man: effects of electrolyte addition to ingested fluids.
- Maughan and Sherriffs, 2004. Sci. Sports, 19, 234-238. Rehydration and recovery after exercise.
Ingredients: acidifier: citric acid; calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, acidity regulator: sodium hydrogen carbonate; dextrose anhydrate, firming agent: inulin; sweetener: sodium cyclamate; colourant: beetroot powder; zinc gluconate, flavour: blackcurrant; vitamin C, sweetener: saccharin; niacinamide, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, vitamin B1
38.17 kJ, 9.09 kcal
of which sugars
of which saturated fatty acids
330 mg (41%*)
95 mg (25%*)
3 mg (30%*)
13 mg (16%*)
5 mg (31%*)
0.5 mg (35%*)
0.46 mg (32%*)
0.5 mcg (20%*)
0.36 mg (32%*)
*% Recommended Daily Allowance
Instructions: Dissolve tablet in 500 ml water and drink during or after exercise + Best before: see bottom + Keep in dry, cool place away from sunlight + This product is no substitute for a varied balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle + Do not use more than 3 tablets a day + Not recommended for children or pregnant or breast-feeding women + Keep out of reach of children
Food Supplement, Made in Germany
Distributed by: DHBO BV, Lichtenauerlaan 102, 3062 ME Rotterdam, The Netherlands