DHBO's Appetite Control formula is a food supplement developed to increase your sense of satiety (feeling of fullness) and support your body's macronutrientmetabolism. The capsules contain Glucomannan, a form of soluble fibre, which swells in the stomach creating a feeling of satiety (fullness). This helps you eat less and since glucomannan is low calorie, your total calorie intake is significantly reduced. Inclusion of chromium in the capsule tilts your metabolism to ensure weight loss comprises fat loss rather than loss of lean muscle mass.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has officially approved these health claims related to DHBO's Appetite Control:
1. Glucomannan supports weight loss as part of an energy restricted diet.
2. Chromium contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism
3. Chromium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels.
Appetite Control Plus has been carefully formulated to comply with EFSA endorsed health claims. The mechanism of action of glucomannan in relation to weight loss involves both induction of a feeling of satiety and a contribution to a decrease in absorbed dietary fat. There have been a range of randomized, double blind clinical trials conducted with glucomannan that report its effectiveness when used in conjunction with a diet that is restricted to 1000-1200 cal/d (Cairella et al., 1995; Vita et al., 1992, Vido et al., 1993; Walsh et al, 1984).
The link between chromium picolinate and weight loss has also been widely studied. Chromium promotes the composition of weight lost to be fat rather than lean tissue. Pittler et al (2003) conducted a meta-analysis of 10 randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled studies and confirmed that chromium picolinate had a significant effect on reduction of body weight.
- Cairella et al., 1995. Clin. Ter. 146, 269-274. Evaluation of the action of glucomannan on metabolic parameters and on the sensation of satiation in overweight and obese patients (in Italian)
- Pittler et al., 2003. Int. J. Obesity 27, 522-529. Chromium picolinate for reducing body weight: Meta-analysis of randomized trials.
- Vido et al., 1993. Pediatr. Padol. 28, 133-136 Childhood obesity treatment: double-blinded trial on dietary fibers (glucomannan) versus placebo.
- Vita et al., 1992. Minerva. Med. 83, 135-139. Chronic use of glucomannan in the dietary treatment of severe obesity (in Italian).
- Walsh et al, 1984. Int. J. Obes. 8, 289-293. Effect of glucomannan on obese patients: a clinical study
Ingredients: Glucomannan, Capsule shell: Gelatin, Colourant: Titanium dioxide; Anticaking agent: Magnesium stearate; Chromium Picolinate
Per daily dosage
6.21 kJ, 1.48 kcal
37.26 kJ, 8.88 kcal
of which sugars
of which saturated fatty acids
500 mg (**)
20 mcg (50%*)
120 mcg (300%)
*% Recommended Daily Allowance
**no recommendation available
Instructions: Take 2 capsules before each meal with 1-2 glasses of water, 3x per day + Keep in dry, cool place away from sunlight + This product is no substitute for a varied balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle + Not recommended for children or pregnant or breast-feeding women + Keep out of reach of children + Distributed by: DHBO BV, Lichtenauerlaan 102-120, 3062 ME Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Food Supplement, Made in Belgium
Distributed by: DHBO BV, Lichtenauerlaan 102, 3062 ME Rotterdam, The Netherlands