DHBO's proprietary Bone & Joint formula with Glucosamine and MSM consists of scientifically proven ingredients that have been shown in independent scientific studies to support healthy bones and joints.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has officially approved these health claims related to DHBO's Bone & Joint Formula:
1. Vitamin K and Vitamin D contribute to the maintenance of normal bones
2. Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage and bones
3. Manganese and Magnesium contribute to the maintenance of normal bones
4. Calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal bones
DHBO’s Bone and Joint Formula has been carefully prepared to maximize the EFSA endorsed health benefits of Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese and Vitamins D3, K and C. In addition to these important ingredients, Bone and Joint Formula also contains additional factors, which have been scientifically-proven in clinical trials to support bone and joint health. There have been multiple studies executed on the effects of dietary supplements, vitamins and minerals on supporting healthy bones and joints. For example, glucosamine, chondroitin, methylsulphonylmethane and combinations of these supplements have received particular attention (Huskisson, 2008). In an earlier, large study (Glucosamine/Chondroitin Arthritis Intervention Trial (GAIT)), participants with moderate to severe pain (354 in total) reported a significant reduction in pain compared to placebo. A separate 16 week double blind, crossover trial with 20 young men (average age 45) with knee osteoarthritis reported significantly reduced pain and summary disease scores. The latter study included manganese ascorbate in the supplement (Leffler et al., 1999). Das and Hammad (2000) also used glucosamine in combination with manganese ascorbate (304 mg) and reported it to be superior to placebo in mild to moderate osteoarthritis.
Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM) has been studied alone for the alleviation of osteoarthritis pain (Kim et al., 2006). MSM was administered in high doses twice a day to 50 subjects aged 40-76 for 12 weeks. The supplement produced significant decreases in WOMAC pain scores and physical function impairment compared to placebo. MSM (500 mg) has also been studied in combination with glucosamine (500mg) (Usha and Naidu, 2004). This study found that the individual and combined supplements significantly reduced pain and mean swelling index but the combination was the most effective.
In a meta-analysis of studies of the benefits of calcium or calcium and Vitamin D supplementation in adults 50 years and older, Tang et al. (2007) reported that both treatments were effective but that the combination of calcium and Vitamin D was recommended for the preventive treatment of osteoporosis. The number of hip fractures in elderly women was reduced by 43% in the group receiving a combination of calcium and Vitamin D3 (Chapuy et al., 1992).
- Chapuy et al., (1992). New England J. Med., 327, 1637-1642. Vitamin D3 and Calcium to prevent hip fractures in elderly women.
- Das and Hammond, 2000. Osteoarth. Cartilage. 8, 343-350. Efficacy of a combination of FCHG49™ glucosamine hydrochloride, TRH122™ low molecular weight sodium chondroitin sulfate and manganese ascorbate* in the management of knee osteoarthritis.
- Huskisson, 2008. J. Intern. Med. Res. 36, 1161-1179. Glucosamine and Chondroitin for Osteoarthritis
- Kim et al., 2006. Osteoarth. Cartilage, 14, 286-294. Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot study.
- Leffler et al., 1999 Military Med. 164, 85-91. Glucosamine, chondroitin, and manganese ascorbate for degenerative joint disease of the knee or low back : A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study.
- Tang et al., (2007). The Lancet, 370, 25-31. Use of calcium or calcium in combination with Vitamin D supplementation to prevent fractures and bone loss in people aged 50 years and older: a meta-analysis.
- Usha & Naidu, 2004. Clin. Drug Investig. 24, 353-363. Randomised, double-blind, parallel, placebo-controlled study of oral glucosamine, methylsulfonylmethane and their combination in osteoarthritis.
Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Bisglycinate, Methyl Sulphonyl Methane, Glucosamine HCl, Bulking agent: Microcrystalline Cellulose; Vitamin C, Coating: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Titanium Dioxide, Talcum, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Miglyol; Firming agent: Mono- and Diglycerides; Manganese Bisglycinate, Bulking agent: Magnesiumstearate; Vitamin K1, Vitamin D3
8.47 kJ, 2.02 kcal
16.94 kJ, 4.04 kcal
of which sugars
of which saturated fatty acids
100 mg (12.5%)
200 mg (25%)
50 mg (13 %)
100 mg (26%)
250 mg (**)
500 mg (**)
250 mg (**)
500 mg (**)
90 mg (112.5 %)
180 mg (225 %)
2.625 mg (131 %)
5.25 mg (262 %)
67.5 mcg (90 %)
135 mcg (180 %)
3.75 mcg (75 %)
7.5 mcg (150 %)
*% Recommended Daily Allowance
**no recommendation available
Instructions: Take 2 tablets per day with water + Keep in dry, cool place away from sunlight + This product is no substitute for a varied balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle + Not recommended for children or pregnant or breast-feeding women + Keep out of reach of children
Food Supplement, Made in Belgium
Distributed by: DHBO BV, Lichtenauerlaan 102, 3062 ME Rotterdam, The Netherlands