DHBO's Healthy Skin Formula is a balanced, scientifically based formulation that supports the maintenance of normal skin and offers protection against oxidative stress and pigmentation defects. With Hydrolysed Collagen, Vitamins, Minerals and Amino Acids.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has officially approved these health claims related to DHBO's Healthy Skin Formula:
1. Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin.
2. Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal skin.
3. Selenium contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
4. Biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal skin.
5. Copper contributes to normal skin pigmentation.
6. Vitamin A/B2 contribute to the maintenance of normal skin
DHBO has carefully prepared Healthy Skin Formula to maximize the benefits to skin derived from the EFSA endorsed ingredients, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Biotin and Vitamins A, B2 and C. These factors are critical to maintain healthy skin. For example, Zinc, in contrast to many transition metals and cations, promotes antioxidant and immune functions and plays a pivotal role in skin and connective tissue metabolism and repair (Chien et al., 2006). In addition to the latter ingredients, DHBO has included a number of additional components that are scientifically-proven to support healthy skin.
Glutathione is found in significant quantities in the skin. It is one of the most important antioxidants in the body but cannot be absorbed directly from the diet. Consumption of glutathione precursors including the sulphur-containing amino acid, L-methionine has been shown to increase plasma glutathione levels (Nimni et al., 2007).
Skin aging is associated with altered molecular metabolism in the extracellular matrix of the dermis. Oral supplementation with BioCell Collagen® (1g/d for 12 weeks), which contains a naturally occurring matrix of hydrolyzed collagen Type II, low molecular weight hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate, in 26 females resulted in a significant reduction in skin dryness/scaling (76%), global lines/wrinkles (13.2%) (Schwartz & Park, 2012). In addition, a significant increase in haemoglobin and collagen in the skin dermis was observed after 6 weeks of supplementation. These findings suggest that dietary supplementation with hydrolyzed type II collagen can counteract natural photoaging processes to reduce visible aging signs in the human face. Acute and subchronic oral toxicity studies in rats with hydrolyzed chicken sternal cartilage preparations have demonstrated good tolerance (Schauss et al., 2007).
- Chien et al., 2006. BioFactors 27, 231-244. Bioavailability, antioxidant and immune enhancing properties of zinc methionine.
- Nimni et al., 2007. Nutr. Metab. 4, 24-36. Are we getting enough sulfur in our diet.
- Schauss et al., 2007. Food Chem. Toxicol., 45, 315-321. Acute and subchronic oral toxicity studies in rats of a hydrolyzed chicken sternal cartilage preparation.
- Schwartz & Park, 2012. Clin. Interven. Aging 7, 267-273. Ingestion of BioCell Collagen®, a novel hydrolyzed chicken sternal cartilage; enhanced blood microcirculation and reduced facial aging signs.
Ingredients: Hydrolysed Collagen Type II, Vitamin C, Capsule Shell: Gelatin, Colourant: Titanium dioxide; Zinc Bisglycinate, L-Methionine, Pantothenic acid, Anticaking agent: Magnesium stearate; L-Cysteine mono HCl, Selenomethionine, Biotin, Copper Bisglycinate, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2
9.76 kJ, 2.33 kcal
of which sugars
of which saturated fatty acids
Hydrolysed Collagen Type II
300 mg (**)
160 mg (200 %)
15 mg (150 %)
45 mg (**)
18 mg (300 %)
55 mcg (100 %)
150 mcg (300 %)
1 mg (100 %)
800 mcg- RE (100 %)
2 mg (142 %)
1.4 mg (100 %)
*% Recommended Daily Allowance
**no recommendation available
Instructions: Take 1 capsule per day with water + Keep in dry, cool place away from sunlight + This product is no substitute for a varied balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle + Not recommended for children or pregnant or breast-feeding women + Keep out of reach of children
Food supplement, made in Belgium
Distributed by: DHBO BV, Lichtenauerlaan 102, 3062 ME Rotterdam, The Netherlands